Sunday, December 20, 2009

Forgiveness in Humility

I can only speak for myself and the struggles that i face in my walk with the Lord. I cannot yet use the word was when i refer to being proud, because I still am. Jesus has pointed somethings out to me even in the last several hours. Pride can take many forms whether it is us being boisterous about something in our lives, say an accomplishment, a family member or whatever it may be. The Lord showed me that my pride lies in my self reliance, I can say with words all day long I am trusting in God. Until I make my heart line up with my mouth then it's pride. I am speaking in faith however hoping Jesus will provide in that area of need. The Lord in his word tells us "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Ch 7:14 ESV)

I know for me I struggle in my prayer life and He has shown me today its because i am proud. How many of us are as proud but not willing to admit to it so we can change and have others pray for us to change? Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Pr 16:18 ESV) I was proud without even realizing it because i would not pray as i needed to, he tells us to seek his face or to be before him consistently, "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Php 4:6 ESV). Charles Spurgeon once said " The more we pray, the more we shall want to pray. The more we pray, the more we can pray. The more we pray, the more we shall pray. He who prays little will pray less, but he who prays much will pray more. And he who prays more, will desire to pray more abundantly." This is a place that I struggle and hope to improve upon vastly. The Lord also tells us to turn from our wicked ways which means we need to repent and he will forgive us. In our repenting we must make sure we do so in belief in Jesus and our forgiveness will allow us entracne into heaven. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 Jn 1:9ESV).
So let us look to the man who was the most humble to ever live as our example. Christ Jesus! "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Php 2:8 KJV). When he was accused of being God he stayed silent because what they spoke was the truth and he took the punishment for us. "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. (Is 53:7 ESV). He was willing to pray even up to moments before he was betrayed, seeking the father and doing the will of him who sent him were his joys. I long to make them mine as well.

Father God will you forgive me for i knew not that I was proud and unfaithful in my lack of prayer. Will you give me the strength I need to live my life for your glory and to seek your face daily not only through reading your word but thinkng less of myself and seek you more earnstly.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment