Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review of Everyday Church: Gospel Communities on Mission

This book was a little slow for me. There were times it was hard to get into but once I got going I found the book to very informative and was even able to use it to quote in a recent sermon. This is not a book I would recommend to a new convert, or a young Christian. However, if one is eating meat than this book is well worth the look. It is not a fully exegetical look at 1 Peter but uses it as a guide in how it breaks up the material. They make a great point about suffering in this life and how far to often people expect life to be full of warm fuzzies and ice cream. According to Chester and Timmis, "Rather than assume we should have a voice in the media or on Main Street, we need to regain the sense that anything other than persecution is an unexpected bonus,"(pg35). This work is full of great quotes and I would recommend you check it out.


I was given a free copy of this work from Crossway in exchange for my fair and honest review and did not have to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment