Friday, March 22, 2013

Review of One Month to Love by Kerry and Chris Shook


When I first heard of the premise behind this book, I was ecstatic. I mean who wouldn’t be ecstatic a book on how to grow and deepen your close relationship and 30 days is the, it’s the magic pill we’ve all been looking for. Some would say since it’s based around a 30 day set up that this would easily be a good devotional book, however, for me and my hectic lifestyle that is not the case. I tried several different ways to get involved with this book, and none of them mainly really enjoyed this book.
I really wanted to like this book; I just couldn’t do it. I found some of the stories to be interesting and slightly entertaining, but found it hard to implement anything they were trying to introduce to us as a reader. This book is also been previously released before as Love at Last Sight; I believe they chose to republish it under a different name due to the success of the One Month to Live book written by the same couple. While this is not the worst book I’ve read recently it’s also not among the best. I would have a very hard time just recommending this to someone seeking help for their relationships, because it gives the illusion that it is a cure-all. However, this book does have its good points as long as you’re willing to work with them; those points being at the end of every chapter they offer a few actions or things to do to reach out and deepen your relationships and to make them strong they call them “challenges”.
Out of a good conscience I cannot fully recommend this book to someone trying to restore a relationship, but if you’re looking from minor tune-up than this may be the book for you. By law have to let you know that Waterbrook Press gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review; there were no guarantees that it would be positive. To find out more you can visit these links:
·  More Info

No comments:

Post a Comment