Monday, December 1, 2014

Writing is harder than you think…so is the rest of life.


I know some people who think writing is a breeze and everyone should be able to do it. For example I find it easier to write things than my dear bride does. For her the struggle is real. I know this is where we get all holy and sanctified and say Philippians 4:13. But I am not going there because that would be taking this verse greatly out of context.  I will say however that prayer and dogged determination will get the job done. Notice I did not just say pure determination. There is a humble reliance on God that takes place as it should in every aspect of our life.  We all have been given certain gifts and one of mine is the ability to write almost effortlessly. That is until I start with this blog. I am trying to be more pro-active with this vast opportunity to reach a wider audience than I will ever have here in my home town. 
For what ever reason we have been sold a bill of goods that life is supposed to be this easy thing and we should never experience hardships. In the book of Second Corinthians the Apostle Paul recounts all of the bad things that have happened to him(2 Cor 11:16-33). I am talking about things we go through not things that tempt us because we know from 1 Corinthians 10:13 that there is no temptation new unto man that God has not provided a way of escape from. Life does not have to be hard though, we have one who has offered to give us his portion. Does that mean we won't face challenges no,  because we will, but as long as we rest in the Christ who strengthens us then we can say along with Paul " Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:11-13 ESV) 

So may we be encouraged no matter what we may be facing to trust in God. Because something is hard doesn't mean it wasn't meant for us to go through or have. Cry out to Jesus and he will make a way, maybe not the way you want but he will make a way. This holiday season has already been a trying time for my family and I am afraid it may get worse before it gets better. BUT I am not trusting what my eyes can see, I am going to live by faith (Romans 10:17). Like Luther "Here I stand, I can do no other."

Go in God's peace!
-Preach

No comments:

Post a Comment